Facts about graduation:
- Every speech will have a reference to Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “Dream big and you’ll go far” is the lesson of the night.
- People will never follow the “Please hold all cheers till the very end” rule.
- The graduation cap will slip.
- It is impossible to find your family afterward.
Senior year was fun while it lasted. Well, high school overall was fun while it lasted. I admit I am a far different person today from the time I first stepped foot in high school as a wide-eyed freshman. The lectures, notes, homework, lunchroom jokes, favorite teachers, track meets, projects, meetings, rehearsals… they will all be cherished in my memories.
Now, one summer to unwind before it’s serious business all over again.