How I look forward to these last few months of my high school career.
I have a confession to make.
I. Am. Not. A. Normal. High. School. Teen.
- I have never been to homecoming dance with a date
- I skipped my junior prom (and most likely will skip my senior one as well)
- I have never had a “first kiss” experience
- I don’t party
- I go to the mall and movies twice a year
- I hate video games.
- I don’t regularly hang out with friends outside of school (though I do hang out with my family too much, probably)
- I hate flirts and high school couples (Have you seen the drama associated with this?)
Then again, compared to a “normal” high school teen in, say, China, or perhaps even Austria, I may be considered normal. It’s a big world out there with millions of different people.
Normality, after all, is subjective.
So no, I do not regret my high school years.
Besides, college is where the fun is at.